Sean Affleck has spent more than a decade representing financial services companies in a variety of commercial and residential matters. Formerly a managing attorney of a large law firm that provided residential foreclosure, title, REO and evictions services, he is accustomed to practicing within banking’s unique and strict regulatory environment. Since 2014 Sean has focused on commercial litigation, developing an aptitude for complex cases involving multiple parties and multiple claims. He is comfortable in complicated environments, using his skill and diligence to help courts and clients see issues clearly. His work has produced positive results for real estate and commercial finance companies, among others.
A Florida native, Sean graduated from Florida State University before attending Florida Coastal School of Law. After law school, Sean continued his legal education, receiving his Master of Laws in Taxation from the University of Florida Fredric G. Levin College of Law in 2009.
- Represented agent bank in a defaulted $55 million loan syndication, including pursuing claims against a borrower and investment bank.
- Represented bank syndicate against a top regional accounting and auditing firm for their role in a failed $65 million loan syndication.
- Represented bank in claims against an international law firm for professional negligence arising from the firm’s role as document agent for bank syndication.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of super-regional bank against borrower and guarantors for breach of multiple commercial loans and guaranties by successfully arguing the applicability of cross-default provisions and defeating numerous defenses, such as ambiguity and “failure to mitigate.”
- Advised clients on recovery of Small Business Administration loans, including repossession and sale of collateral pursuant to Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Represented auto financing lender in the recovery of losses sustained as a result of dealership employees’ fraudulent activity.
- Regularly represents regional lenders in recovery of defaulted commercial loans, including early stage negotiations, forbearance, enforcement of debt instruments through litigation, and post-litigation judgment collection.
- Currently representing domestic and international clients in several oil and gas disputes in Texas and Louisiana.
- Currently representing international class of plaintiffs in multi-district litigation against a global technology leader.