Kodie is an experienced business litigator, representing clients in all stages of the litigation process, from pre-suit evaluations and negotiations through the appeals process. He focuses on providing clients with the best possible counsel and legal services. Kodie has obtained successful results for defendants and plaintiffs in state and federal courts, and in arbitrations across the country.
Kodie’s clients include large businesses and private investment firms, as well as individual investors and equity holders. These clients represent a variety of industries, including financial institutions, private investment funds, movie theatre chains, technology companies, and medical device companies. Kodie has successfully represented these clients in disputes involving breaches of contract, breaches of fiduciary duty, trade secret misappropriation, fraud, and others.
- Obtained order granting spoliation inference in Dallas County in trade secret misappropriation case and successfully defended the order to the Dallas Court of Appeals.
- Excluded plaintiffs’ key expert witness and won defensive summary judgment dismissing all claims against clients in a partnership dispute and subsequently defended the orders to the Dallas Court of Appeals.
- Following extensive discovery, obtained a favorable settlement for client in multimillion-dollar construction defect suit.
- Successfully negotiated a favorable pre-suit multimillion-dollar settlement related to misappropriation of settlement funds.
- Obtained summary judgment in multimillion-dollar mortgage buyback litigation arising from fraudulent origination practices.
- Obtained summary judgment for plaintiff in fraud case arising from the origination of a private loan.
- Successfully defeated a motion to dismiss securities fraud claims relating to a novel theory of liability that led to favorable settlement for plaintiff clients.
- Dallas Bar Association
- Reuben Clark Society
- State Bar of Texas