The experienced transactional lawyers at Johnston Clem Gifford offer high-quality legal counsel for a wide range of public corporations as well as privately held businesses, financial institutions, trade associations, nonprofit organizations, new ventures, and family concerns. Our lawyers include former general counsels to businesses, former big-law lawyers who advised national and global companies, and a former bank general counsel who contributes decades of experience in one of the world’s most heavily regulated industries.
Experienced corporate counsel
- General corporate. We offer personalized services as outside general counsel to a variety of enterprises. We provide timely advice on formation, corporate governance, finance, operations, regulatory compliance, shareholder relations, and tax planning.
- Financial transactions. We represent lenders who provide working capital and acquisition facilities for middle-market corporate transactions in an array of contexts, including commercial real estate, commercial & industrial, asset-based, SBA, construction, project finance, mezzanine, and syndicated or participated loans.
- Cyberlaw. Our lawyers help clients navigate the online legal landscape, advising innovative businesses on content creation, marketing, and regulatory compliance.
- Intellectual property. We help companies protect their intellectual property through patent, registration, licensing, and enforcement. We also support license agreement negotiations.
- Mergers and acquisitions. We help businesses expand, diversify, or document strategic alliances. Our lawyers negotiate, structure, and consummate investments, joint ventures, mergers, and acquisitions.
- Privacy and data security. We help our clients comply with ever-changing data privacy and security laws, and we develop effective protocols for acquiring, storing, and releasing company data.