Megan Altobelli is a business litigator who has represented plaintiffs and defendants before state and federal courts, bankruptcy courts, and arbitration panels. With experience in a wide range of disputes— involving breach of contract, oil and gas, fiduciary duties, antitrust, non-competes, fraud, and others—Megan efficiently and strategically addresses client concerns. Megan understands litigation forms just one aspect of business. She thinks tactically, keeping client objectives top-of-mind as she counsels them through disputes.
Megan attended the University of North Texas at Dallas College of Law. While in law school, she participated in the school’s advocacy program, serving as President of the Board of Advocates and competing on the school’s moot court team. Megan received the 2017 State Bar of Texas Appellate Award for Excellence in Appellate Advocacy—an award given to the top moot court competitor at each Texas law school. She also served as Senior Editor on the UNT Law Review. During her final year of law school, Megan clerked at the 5th District Court of Appeals.
- Complete victory in AAA arbitration on behalf of IT application provider against a privately held group of Dallas-based companies involving breach of employee non-solicitation agreement. Upon final hearing, the arbitrator awarded full actual damages, plus expenses and over $95,000 in attorneys’ fees to the application provider.
- Represented former employee in a Rule 202 Petition for pre-suit discovery involving theft of trade secrets securing a dismissal of the action.
- Defended international oil and gas pipe distributor in a multi-million dollar product liability case securing a favorable settlement the eve of trial.
- Represented oil and gas acquisition company successfully obtaining summary judgment on both liability and damages concerning the interpretation of a Purchase and Sale Agreement.
- Represented private equity fund successfully obtaining summary judgment of client’s affirmative claims for breach of contract and fraud. In addition, obtained summary judgment on defendant’s counterclaims for fraud and tortious interference in a case involving forgery and the alteration of a Mineral Estate Purchase Agreement.
- Represented hedge fund before the American Arbitration Association successfully obtaining an over $800,000 judgment involving breach of promissory notes.
- Defended national hotel chain obtaining a favorable arbitration award equating to approximately 1 percent of the plaintiff’s final demand.
- Defended restaurant in a negligence action involving assault obtaining summary judgment within three months of the case being filed.
- Defended international car dealership obtaining summary judgment and dismissal of all claims.