Richard is a client-focused litigation and trial attorney. He handles all aspects of commercial litigation, and his practice spans complex litigation including financial services, intellectual property, data and risk management, privacy, and eDiscovery.
Richard has particular expertise in managing eDiscovery and designing and implementing related policies and procedures. He combines legal strategy and technology to assist in internal investigation, subpoena and litigation response, and overall guidance on eDiscovery matters.
Richard is also a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist and is currently sitting to become a Certified Information Privacy Professional.
- Represented the government against violation of state and federal securities laws in the sale and underwriting of residential mortgage securities. (2010–2015).
- Represented banks in their capacity as trustee regarding breach of representation and warranties. (2015–2022)
- Represented telecommunication company in patent infringement dispute in the International Trade Commission. (2021–2022)
- Represented commercial company in patent dispute regarding self-service key duplication. (2021–2022)
- Represented oil and gas company in royalty payment dispute. (2020–2023)
- Represented international executive in data privacy matter. (2023)
- Asian American Bar Association (Litigation Section)
- Center for American and International Law (Law & Technology Section)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- State Bar of Texas