“Progress is cumulative in science and engineering, but cyclical in finance.” –James Grant, author
In tough economic times, loans go bad; borrowers default; and bankruptcy becomes necessary. Partnering with creative, experienced lawyers who can navigate the restructuring process with zeal and imagination can mean the difference between a total loss and a positive recovery.
Our lawyers have decades of experience in counseling clients carrying distressed debts. The combination of our experience, creativity and tenacity has resulted in an impressive track record of delivering value. We mix the technical experience of our lawyers with in-depth local knowledge within the business community to produce positive results. Our lawyers typically succeed with strategies others either don’t imagine, won’t consider, or can’t execute.
Out of Court Remedies
- Forbearance & Restructuring
- Non-performing Loan Sales
- Non-judicial Commercial Foreclosures
Bankruptcy Cases & Proceedings
- Claim & Asset Acquisitions
- Collateral Protection & Recovery
- Cash Collateral & DIP Financing
- Causes of Action
- Leases & Executory Contracts
- Prepacks & Contested Confirmations
- Discharge Disputes
- Our team represented an alternative investment firm in connection with conducting multiple simultaneous non-judicial commercial foreclosures across Texas and Florida, allowing it to successfully recover approximately $50 million of commercially viable real estate.
- We assisted multi-state lenders to medical facilities successfully navigate numerous distressed loans through forbearance, note sales, bankruptcy proceedings, and other workout strategies in order to allow them to continue providing much-needed financing to the facilities.